I am a personal development enthusiast. I believe in the adage ‘If you are not growing you are dying’ Personal development is a continuous process, one is never too old to develop himself or herself, neither are you ever too young for growth . The big question is how do we develop ourselves? I know no better way to personal development than reading hence I will be reviewing SCRIBD.com in this article.
What is Scribd
It is the largest digital library. What started as a site to host and share documents is now known as Netflix for Books. It is a subscription service with about one million books, hosting 60 million documents according to Wikipedia.
Scribd gives its subscribers amazing options of magazines, books, audiobooks, documents, and sheet music. It is the best place to get access to the greatest minds, experiences, and stories
It was co-founded by Trip Adler and Jared Friedman
SCRIBD covers a variety of topics across different categories i.e Personal Growth, Crime, Science fiction, Religion & Spirituality, Business, Travel, Non-Fiction, Fiction, parenting, family, romance, politics, entertainment, children books, cookbooks, travel, and more.
If you are a music lover, you are also covered with unlimited sheet music selections.
SCRIBD subscription gives you access to articles from hundreds of magazines including People, New York Magazine, Time, The Atlantic, People, Entrepreneur, Bloomberg Businessweek, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, and more.
Why should I Choose Scribd?
Just the thought and possibility of having a library in your pocket should be a reason enough to choose SCRIBD. SCRIBD is a kind of library you pull a book form when you find yourself in an unexpected queue. It offers you personal development convenience while commuting. From wherever you find yourself, you always have a company of great minds, literally inspiration at your fingertips.
From experience, what I like most, is that you don’t have to subscribe for every member of the family. One subscription covers us all, kids and adults. I use Scribd for read-aloud time with the kids, I use Scribd to gain insights for my blogging, parenting, coaching clients, and for growth in different areas. My husband uses it for his studies and personal development, our 5th grader uses it to develop his passion and interest in animation and to enjoy comic books. There is no limit to what you can find for your personal growth on SCRIBD. There is always something for everyone.
How does it work
1. Sign up here for a 30 days free trial.
2. Enjoy the books, audiobooks, magazines, documents, and music in various categories without limit.
3. On the 28th day of your free trial decide if you would love to keep or cancel the account.
4. If you keep the subscription your account will be debited with $8.99 on the 30th day. If you decide not to continue you can easily cancel your membership. You should cancel 24hours before the last day of your free trial. You have an option to just pause or end the membership. Whatever you decide, canceling or pausing, go to account settings on the SCRIBD dashboard, scroll down and click on pause or end membership.
5. The best decision that you can make for your family is to continue with the membership, if you take this route, ensure that you download the SCRIBD app. Downloading the app will enable you to download your favorite reads to enjoy them offline.
However if for whatever reason you cannot download the app you can always access the platform online by going to www.scribd.com
How many books can I read each month? – As many as you can.
What countries can I use Scribd in? Scribd is available worldwide, Imagine going on a vacation with a library loaded with thousands of books that can accommodate your at the moment mood.
Who is it for?
- Avid readers
- Students of all levels
- Lovers of audiobooks
- Those who love reading while commuting, waiting in queues or on vacations
- Not only for readers but for publishers also
- SCRIBD gives you a personalized experience- when you sign up they ask a few questions that will enable them to recommend relevant books. This does not mean you cannot have access to all other books.
- You can download PDF’s for printing or reading offline.
- You read without adverts interruptions
- You can easily use bookmarks to track progress
- The audiobooks audio is perfect.
- The price: You get more than you pay for
Scribd Additional Perks
Scribd has partnered with few companies to add more value to your subscription.
Normally $2.99/month .Free with Scribd. Flex your cognitive muscles with the most popular brain training games.
Normally $10.99/month Free with Scribd. Watch classic, independent, and award-winning films from around the world.
Normally $2.99/month but free with Scribd. Dive deep into your favorite science, technology, nature, and history documentaries and be inspired.
CONtv + Comics
Normally $6.99/month.Free with Scribd Everything for your inner geek from anime, and B movies to Transformers, Star Trek, comics, and graphic novels.
Normally $3.99/month. Free with Scribd. Unlimited read-to-me children’s storybooks and bedtime stories for kids ages 1–9.
- SCRIBD unlimited access claim has been questioned due to the reported throttling of high demand books.
- I have come across a few complaints about subscription cancellation struggles.
My Experience With Scribd
I have been using Scribd for more than a year now, and as mentioned above I use my account for the entire family, from my subscription all our personal development needs are met.
I have read and listened to books without limit. At the beginning of my subscription, I think I paused my membership twice without any struggle.
My kids love it and they can easily access the books they want to read or listen to from their gadgets. I can confidently say it has made personal development inexpensive and easily accessible for us.
What I like to do with the kids, is if there is a subject that needs to be addressed and I do not know how to address it, I simply search for a relevant book, get everyone involved to read a chapter I already scanned, and create a great learning and open-ended discussion about whatever it is. In simple terms, if you want to talk about money, sex, puberty, conflicts, emotions, stress, hygiene, or health, an easily accessible book can give you a great point of departure, enriching your learning experiences.
If you are still wondering how is Scribd review relevant to a website about Parenting Boys, check these books all available with unlimited access.
My Final Thoughts
I am an advocate of raising life long learners. One of my biggest passion is to cultivate and nurture kid’s love for learning. SCRIBD has been a very useful tool in helping me accomplish this mission.
Yes sometimes I do miss holding a real book, and if I have to, I can still spoil myself with one or two books from the bookstore, in the meantime, I will enjoy the ultimate reading convenience SCRIBD brought into our lives.
If you know that your budget cannot cater for everyone’s personal development needs at home SCRIBD is on a rescue mission.