Technology and computers will be at the center of our children’s future. Hence parents should make it their mission among others to raise tech-savvy kids. Our kids are called digital natives because of how comfortable they are with technology but their comfort is primarily from the user’s end. Beyond raising comfortable tech users we need to be Intentional about raising and inspiring inventors. The Piper Computer Kit Review: Build Your Computer Article hopes to ignite the spark within parents who will come to read this review to be Intentional about raising inventors, not just tech users.
What is Piper Computer Kit?
Piper Computer Kit is a D.I.Y. computer-building kit. It is a build-it-yourself STEM toy. It is an experience like no other an opportunity for a child as little as 8 years to build their computer from start to finish.
It is an unparalleled introduction to computer science, mechanical engineering, electronics, and coding. An opportunity to explore STEAM through using the Raspberry Pi Edition of Minecraft, and Piper Code using Google’s Blockly. The coding lessons are made of 11 progressively challenging projects based on Google Blockly. It inspires confidence to code computer games through Interactive projects.
It comes with a durable wooden carrying case and fun and educational coding challenges.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. 1GB RAM. 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64 bit CPU
- 9” LCD with an HDMI cable
- 7800mAh rechargeable battery
- Integrated speaker with amplifier and external volume control
- 16GB MicroSD card including 20+ Piper 3D StoryMode levels, PiperCode projects, and more
- Software updating capabilities (requires WIFI connection)
- USB Mouse
- Micro USB charging cable and wall charger
- 20+ electronic components including breadboards, buttons, switches, LED lights, buzzers, and 25 jumper wires
- 8 square foot laminated blueprint with visuals for assembly
- 25+ laser-etched wooden and acrylic pieces
- 50+ hardware pieces
- Phillips-head screwdriver
Who is it for ?
- Kids aged 8 + ( adults not excluded in the fun)
- Avid Minecraft lovers
- Those fond of Creating, Building & Coding
- Those who aspire careers in a STEM Field
- Those Inquisitive about what goes into building a computer
Piper Computer Kit Enhances:
- Independent Learning
- 21st Century Learning Skills
- Healthy Screen time
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Confidence in working with electronics
How to use it?
Unbox and start Building
- Follow the provided step-by-step instructions
Play & Engage
- There is a series of engaging challenges using Minecraft Raspberry Pi Edition
- It comes with 11 progressively challenging coding projects.
Check the videos below to have a clearer idea of how to Unbox and build your computer.
- Clear Instructions
- User Friendly
- The durability of the wooden case
- It can be dismantled and be reused by other siblings
- It is pricey
We need to prepare kids for the STEM Field, whatever it takes. STEM exposure in the early years can be a determining factor of the child’s interest and confidence in the the STEM field.
Even if the child is not interested in the STEM field Scientific, Technological, and Mathematical Knowledge is important even for ordinary citizens during this age and beyond.
As an advocate of Learning Through Play, I believe that the best way kids learn is when they are interested, fully engaged, and having fun. And this is exactly what the Piper Computer Kit provides, STEM lessons in a fun and an engaging way
Would love to hear your thoughts what STEM Toys or resources are your kids exposed to? Engage me in the comment section below.