When I came across the concept of Positive Parenting, the first thing that came to mind is, is there negative parenting? and the answer is a big and resounding Yes. I have been that kind of parent and I have come across a few.
This happens without any particular intention from the parent, sometimes we even think we are on the right track, when in fact we are screwing our kids up. Hence I believe that the need for parental education should be taken seriously.
I bet if I were to become a president I will make parental training compulsory and a prerequisite to childbirth.
I believe its time to demystify the myth that parenting is intuitive and comes naturally, the truth is there is a ‘ How to Parent’ we need to educate ourselves on the ‘How To’ if for nothing else for the good of the next generation.
Having said that it is important to learn from the time and tested systems, with a track record of positive impactful results. We need to learn from people who have walked the path and conquered what we are struggling with. I have come across a few experts in the field but my heart resonated with Amy McCready’s teachings and personal testimony from her parenting journey.
Who is Amy McCready?
Amy is a recovering yeller, who is bold to admit that she used to yell to the point of her throat getting sore. That led her to research tools and strategies for positive parenting. What she discovered is that yelling, nagging, and threatening do not work as a parenting strategy.
She then went ahead to study got certified in positive discipline and she harnessed her skills as a trainer at fortune 500 companies to create the curriculum that we now call Positive Parenting Solutions.
Since 2004, Amy has changed over 75,000 families on 6 different continents all by teaching the Positive Parenting Solutions tools. I am one of those who was positively impacted my Amy’s teachings.
Amy is also the author of the book ,If I have to Tell You One More Time and The Me, Me, Me Epidemic!
Experience Amy in the video below.
What is Positive Parenting Solutions?
It is a self-paced 100% online course. The course is made of a 7-Step Parenting Success System. The system promises to help you tackle your biggest power struggles at their roots, ensuring you solve them once and for all. I can attest that the system delivers well on this promise, within such a short period it is unbelievable.
Included in the course are:
- 36 easy-to-implement parenting tools
- 24/7 access to 49 in-depth training video sessions
- Advanced modules for extra-tricky issues
- Handy Parenting-in-Your-Pocket mobile app for learning on-the-go
- Digital Workbook with additional reading material
- Compassionate support from parents who have been in your shoes
- 1-on-1 LIVE help with our Certified Parenting Success System Coaches
- Access to years of personalized coaching call recordings
- Lifetime Access so you are prepared for any issues that arise as your children grow
- Gold and Silver members have access to comprehensive Survival Guides and Battle-Tested Blueprints for those extra tricky situations.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
What will you Learn:
Step 1 – Pull Back the Curtain: The Science of Misbehavior and How You Contribute
- Introduction to the PSYCHOLOGY behind troubling behavior
- PARENT PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT
- BIRTH ORDER and why it matters
- How YOU CONTRIBUTE to misbehavior and how you can stop
- Single MOST IMPORTANT TOOL in the toolbox – begin seeing results in 1-2 days-
Step 2 – From Complaining to Contributing: Empower Your Kids to be Confident, Capable, and Independence.
- Tools to give kids POSITIVE POWER
- Why REWARDS don’t work and what to do instead
- How to guarantee CHORES get completed
- The inside scoop on ALLOWANCE
Step 3 – Revolutionize Your Routines: Regain Control, Let Go of Guilt
- Tools for the most challenging POWER STRUGGLES
- How to master morning, after school, and bedtime ROUTINES without fuss or fights
- A comprehensive guide to implementing CONSEQUENCES without you being the bad guy
Step 4 – From Power Struggles to Peace: How to Handle Extreme Behaviors in a Positive Way
- More IN-THE-MOMENT TOOLS for the most challenging power struggles
- How to fill bottomless ATTENTION buckets
- Strategies for BACKTALK, badgering and negotiating
- How to deal with REVENGE BEHAVIOR
– Step 5 – Transform Sibling Relationships: From Enemies to Besties
- Tools to reduce SIBLING RIVALRY
- How you unknowingly escalate COMPETITION and what to do about it
- How to stop playing REFEREE so your kids can work it out
- Your game plan for when FIGHTING gets physical
- Effective CONFLICT RESOLUTION tools for all ages
- Strategies for LITTLE KID FIGHTS
– Step 6 – The Family Harmony Tool: Calm the Crazies, Fire Up the Fun
- The most effective tool for family PROBLEM SOLVING
- How to increase EMPATHY in your home
- Tools for building your kids’ LEADERSHIP capabilities
- FAMILY NEGOTIATION strategies
– Step 7 – Your Future Success: Staying Strong Through the Ages and Stages
- How to AVOID THE BACKSLIDE into old habits – nagging, yelling, punishing
- Strategies for LONG-TERM PARENTING SUCCESS
Gold and Silver members have access to comprehensive Survival Guides and Battle-Tested Blueprints for those extra tricky situations. Read more about them here .
Who is the Course for ?
It is for you If:
- You want to feel calm ,confident and in control.
- You are constantly disappointed at yourself for yelling at your kids
- If you tried some other forms of discipline like Count to 3, time outs, etc but failed.
- You have kids that don’t respond to your calm request and instructions.
- You are experiencing bedtime and routine struggles.
- You want to know how your personality influence your children behavior.
- You desire to raise kids who are responsible and respectful.
- If you hate the mother/father you have become.
- If you feel defeated by this parenting thing.
How much does it Cost ?
The course is divided into three levels of membership , so the cost is determined by the membership level you sign up for. There is a 10% discount and an automatic upgrade to the next level if you sign up through Amy’s free webinar . You can sign up for the free webinar here to enjoy the two mentioned privileges
I have learned a lot in a short while, I still have a lot to cover but what I learned so far has changed my perception about many things parenting.
In summary, I learned four principles:
Child goal is to achieve a sense of belonging and significance
Significance meaning I am capable, I make a difference, I contribute in meaningful ways, I have personal power
Every Behavior is goal-oriented
A misbehaving child is a discouraged child ( The understanding is that children do be better when they feel better and I guess you would agree that the principle applies to adults also.
My personality might be encouraging unwanted behavior.
This was mind-blowing for me and I got to understand it better after taking the assessment that revealed to me how my personality and parenting style encourages some of my kid’s behavior.
Mind, Body and Soul time
This is about spending at least 10 minutes of your time with each child individually to fill their attention bucket, this guarantees to cut down attention-seeking behaviors
Beyond these principles, one of the super great tools that I scooped from Positive Parenting solutions that I cannot afford not to mention here is the 5R’s to fair and effective consequences. These principles just turn you into that parent you desire to become. Good news: you can learn about this, during Amy’s free webinar where you can even qualify for a 10% discount on registration and an automatic upgrade to the next level of the membership course.
Let me echo what I said at the beginning of this article, parenting should not be approached casually. It should also not be totally left to our intuition although there is a place for that. How we parent should not be left only to what we learned from our parents, there is still a place for that but I also know many people including me , that do not want to parent, the way we were parented.
Most parents are not bad parents but are untrained parents. Knowledge is power and can revolutionize your parenting.
Give Positive Parenting Solutions Course a chance , you have nothing to loose , if it does not work for you, there is a 30 days, no questions asked, money back guarantee. Click on the link below for a free webinar
We all would love to Raise Our Boys To Be Good Men and educating ourselves on the ‘How to go about that’ will be the greatest investment of our time and money.
Do you have any questions or comments ? Would love to hear from you in the comments section below.